NARS is already a major makeup heavyweight, but now they’re thinking about what goes on your face before that Orgasm blush. The brand’s inaugural range of skincare products, NARSskin, arrives this week, and the nine piece set has everything from an eye cream to a gel mask. The whole concept is light, light, light—or in other words, it’s all about brightening up your skin before the makeup goes on.
In terms of pricing, here’s what you need to know: the collection ranges from $29 (Purifying Foam Cleanser) to $72 (Optimal Brightening Concentrate, a serum). A particular standout is the Double Refining Exfoliator ($34) which uses fruit acids to refine the skin’s surface.
The line launches online and in-store at Saks and NARS on August 1, which means as of Wednesday, you’ll have everything you need to repair that sun damage you got at the beach last weekend.
Article courtesty of Racked.com. Read it here.
OK- so first off, it’s mostly sugar (and a little bit of volcanic ash). Surprise, Surprise. But- it is a pretty decent product anyway.
This product is part of thier Heavenly Creature Collection – which if you havn’t seen it – its pretty awesome. They have some gorgeous face powders, blushes, and eyeshadows. The Mineralize Skinfinish product is amazing – I have tried two of the shades now (Earthshine, and Center of the Universe), since I had to return one since it was a bit too dark – and they are worth buying – especially for summer. The Mineralize Skinfinish product is actually my favorite Mac product they offer.
This exfoliator is funky since it is black. I have never used a dark colored cleaner before, it almost seemed weird putting it on my face. It is nice that it both exfloliates and cleanses in one process. It even claims to moisturize beacuase of the exfoliating sugars – and it does. Use it like you would any cleanser, but obviously – avoid your eyes. Ouch.
The price isnt that friendly since it is 28.00 for 3.4oz. I think my usual Cetaphil is like 10.00 for 16oz. But it is fun- and it does what it claims. Don’t care about volcanic ash and Mac cleansers? St.Ives Apricot Scrub does the same thing and it is $5.99.
Purchase the Heavenly Creature Collection here.
Food art has catapulted since the inception of Pinterest. With plenty of DIY tutorials to guide your every whim, the possibilities are endless.
A simple, effect option for your summer BBQ’s is the Watermelon bowl. I recently executed this at a BBQ for a good friend’s birthday. I didn’t follow a tutorial, so the actual process is very simple.
What you need:
1. Start by cutting the watermelon either hot dog style or hamburger style–either will work, just depends on how you want the finished product to look. I opted for hamburger.
Photo Courtesy of http://blog.superhealthykids.com
2. Using one half, slide your knife around the outer edge between the skin and the fruit. Then slice lengthwise and width-wise creating 1” cubes. Slowly work out the segments using your knife and a spatula.
3. Once the fruit is emptied (make sure to keep the fruit), work away at any remaining fruit clinging to the sides to get the bowl as even and clean as possible. I rinsed mine out in the sink as well.
4. I put some of the fruit that came from the bowl into the ice cubes trays. Both the trays and the whole watermelon were put in the freezer. I left mine in the freezer for about 4 hours.
5. Fill your bowl and ENJOY!
For the more adventurous or experienced Foodies…
Written by Christina Wold.
Are these “forehead headbands” legit again? It’s like they took a 2 year hiatus and then decided to re-appear out of thin air.
I am not a total hater, but if you are not at a music festival – or the setting isn’t right for where and when you are wearing this – it’s all I can stare at.
Business meeting? – I’m staring.
Shopping? – I’m staring.
Walking your dog?- I’m staring.
Coachella/Music Festival – eh,not so weird, I would say this might even help you out. But still.